ULBA METALLURGICAL PLANT JSCOne of the worldwide recognized producers of Uranium, Beryllium, Tantalum and Niobium products. The company is incorporated into the National Atomic Company “Kazatomprom”
EMS and OS&HMS Requirements for the Organizations Working in the Territory of Ulba Metallurgical Plant JSC (“UMP”)
The following management systems are developed, introduced and maintained at UMP:
- Occupational safety and health management system (OS&HMS) in accordance with OHSAS 18001 “Occupational safety and health management systems. Requirements”
- Environmental management system (EMS) in accordance with ISO 14001 “Environmental management systems – Requirements and guidance for use”.
UMP developed a Policy of the Administration of Ulba Metallurgical Plant JSC in the Field of Quality, Environment and Occupational Safety and Health.
Personnel of organizations working in the UMP’s territory are obliged to conform to the following requirements:
- Perform all the works in accordance with the Kazakhstan Law related to the occupational safety and health, industrial and fire safety and environmental management
- Observe the instruction for occupational safety and health developed for the whole company
- Follow the requirements of sections “Environmental Management” and “Environment Impact Assessment” when making construction and installation works according to the approved design documentation provided to the customer
- Contractors’ workers involved in works performed in production buildings of the Beryllium Division are to observe the general instruction for occupational safety and health for the Beryllium Production Division
- Contractors’ workers involved in works performed in production buildings of the Uranium Division are to observe the radiation safety instruction
- Collect and place construction waste and other rubbish in the dedicated places
- Prevent from spilling and leakage of fuel and lubricants, paint materials and other dangerous and hazardous chemicals
- Clean the rooms and the territory upon completion of works
- Practically use power and water resources
- Prevent from discharge of petrochemicals and other liquid waste of contaminants into soil and storm collectors
- Clean soil, storm collectors, pavements, roads and rooms in case of unintended spilling or leakage of fuel and lubricants, paint materials and other dangerous and hazardous chemicals, liquid waste of contaminants, solid waste and other rubbish produced during works
- Use intact automotive engineering (auto, tractors, auto-loaders, pressure devices and other machinery) after service inspection
- Observe the labor order rules effective at UMP.