ULBA METALLURGICAL PLANT JSCOne of the worldwide recognized producers of Uranium, Beryllium, Tantalum and Niobium products. The company is incorporated into the National Atomic Company “Kazatomprom” To the future with us!
Uranium division of “Ulba Metallurgical Plant” JSC is unique and one of the world largest producers of nuclear fuel for nuclear power plants. It has great work experience in nuclear sector.
A wide range of services, flexible production and marketing policy, high quality of the products allow "Ulba Metallurgical Plant" JSC to be an active participant of world market of nuclear fuel for NPPs.
The half-century experience in the market of uranium-containing material processing under tight state control, high staff qualification make possible to manufacture products meeting any requirements of Customers.
A unique technology developed by Ulba Metallurgical Plant’s professionals provides highly efficient processing of not only traditional types of feed materials but also hard-to-recover uranium-containing materials, such as ash, insoluble residues, including those containing burnable absorbers (Erbium and Gadolinium). The flexibility of existing process includes capability to process all kinds of uranium-containing feed materials, including reprocessed feed material, into the product that meets highest requirements of the Customer’s specifications.
The usage of advanced technologies, automated management systems and modern technological equipment allow monitoring the process in the most efficient way and, if necessary, make corrections in the fully automated mode excluding the contact of operators with uranium-containing materials and final products.
Uranium division of Ulba Metallurgical Plant was the first in the Republic of Kazakhstan to qualify the quality management system in accordance with the international requirements.
Production activities of Uranium division of “Ulba Metallurgical Plant” JSC meet world environmental requirements. Implemented environment management system is qualified in accordance with ISO 14001: 2015.
Today Uranium division is qualified as the supplier of the following products:
- Uranium Dioxide ceramic powder by American company General Electric (in 1998);
- Uranium Dioxide ceramic powder by Japanese company Nuclear Fuel Industry (in 2010);
- Fuel pellets of AFA 3G type by French company AREVA NP (in 2010);
- Fuel pellets of AFA 3G type by Chinese company CJNF (in 2010);
- Uranium Dioxide powders by Sweden company Westinghouse (in 2012).
Today Uranium division of "Ulba Metallurgical Plant" JSC can supply the following products to the world market:
- Natural U3О8;
- Uranium Dioxide ceramic powders;
- VVER and RBMK fuel pellets including pellets with burnable absorbers;
- PWR fuel pellets including pellets for AFA 3G fuel for French designed reactors of AREVA NP;
- Services for processing hard-to-recover uranium-containing materials;
- Production capacity in volume terms (uranium products manufacturing) based on results of 2019 was 3615 t.
Great experience in Uranium division products qualification allows developing new products production process in a very short time. It leads to the exploration of new markets and makes new perspectives for collaboration with existing and potential Customers.
Regarding sales of uranium products, please, contact Marketing department of Uranium division
phone: +7 (7232) 29-86-05
fax: +7 (7232) 24-06-83, +7 (7232) 29-82-73