ULBA METALLURGICAL PLANT JSCOne of the worldwide recognized producers of Uranium, Beryllium, Tantalum and Niobium products. The company is incorporated into the National Atomic Company “Kazatomprom”
Policy of the administration of Ulba Metallurgical plant jsc in the field of management
(quality, environment, occupational safety and health)
Ulba Metallurgical Plant JSC (“UMP”) as the producer of high-tech Uranium, Beryllium, Tantalum and Niobium products for the needs of nuclear power, electronic, metallurgical industry and other fields of activities, is seeking to take leading positions in the markets of these products orienting its activities to the long-term interests of consumers, employees, shareholders and the society as a whole.
This Policy is mandatory for both the UMP’s staff and organizations involved in works conducted at UMP.
Realizing to the full extent that our products and technological processes can have significant impact on health and safety of our workers, all other people and the environment we seek to minimize an adverse effect and permanently reduce the level of industrial injuries, occupational diseases and support the environment safety considering specific nature and scope of the UMP’s activities.
We strive to become a leader of industry in the field of management of quality, environment, occupational safety and health.
The main principles of our Policy are as follows:
- Perform the production activities in accordance with the existing law and other regulatory requirements applicable in the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Continuously upgrade the integrated management system
- Maintain ecological safety of the production with all and any accessible organizational and technical methods
- Prevent industrial injuries, occupational diseases, accidents and incidents
- Minimize harmful effect on people and environment by risk management in the field of environment, occupational safety and health
- Motivate all employees to participate in the process of development and functioning of the management system, let each employee realize his/her role in achievement of overall objectives in the field of quality, environment, occupational safety and health
- Place a priority on life and health of employees and environmental conditions over the results of production activities
- Inform all concerned parties, including suppliers and contractors about the UMP’s activities in the field of environment, occupational safety and health
- Continuously upgrade the existing processes and introduce new technologies to assure safe labor conditions, environmental safety and high quality of products
- Permanently interact with the state competent authorities in the field of industrial and occupational safety, environment, technical regulation and metrology.
Following its principles the UMP’s administration intends to:
- Conform to the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan, applicable international agreements, national, industry-specific and corporate regulatory requirements related to the environment and occupational safety
- Provide for the efficient functioning of the management system
- Improve satisfaction of our customers
- Increase the UMP’s share in the strategic market segments
- Reduce production expenditures and efficiently use the resources
- Reduce production waste
- Follow this Policy when making decisions and provide for needed resources
- Investigate systematically accidents and incidents including those occurred in the external organizations in order to develop and implement preventive measures aimed at occupational safety and health
- Upgrade technological processes, equipment and production in order to significantly reduce the existing risk level in the field of occupational safety and health, adverse impact on the environment and upgrade quality of products
- Provide for systematic training and advance training and motivation of the staff to perform works with the conception of personal responsibility for quality assurance, environment and occupational safety
- Make efficient arrangements to reduce and prevent industrial injuries, occupational diseases and environment contamination and assure its upgrade
- Assure permanent readiness of top managers and employees to prevent accidents and incidents and liquidate consequences
- Assure conformance by the contractors to the requirements for environment, occupational safety and quality assurance established at UMP
- Inform the customers and shipping agents of methods of safe transportation of products
- Make systematic examination and evaluation of activities efficiency in the field of occupational safety and health, monitoring and measurements of basic characteristics of operations and activities with significant impact on the environment
- Inform the concerned parties of the results of the environment monitoring
- Establish relations with and take into account opinion and requirements of the concerned parties related to environment and occupational safety.
Policy of the UMP’s administration is subject to periodic evaluation, review and updating as and when necessary to reflect the revised conditions.
All concerned persons have the right to be aware of this Policy without encumbrance at www.ulba.kz.
Policy of the UMP’s administration is communicated to the UMP’s staff by placing placards in the production rooms and publication at the UMP’s local website.
The UMP’s administration undertakes to implement this Policy, intends to strictly keep its principles, permanently upgrade the efficiency of the management system and urges each UMP’s employee to do the same.