ULBA METALLURGICAL PLANT JSCOne of the worldwide recognized producers of Uranium, Beryllium, Tantalum and Niobium products. The company is incorporated into the National Atomic Company “Kazatomprom” To the future with us!
UMP JSC: 7+1 Events of the Year
On October 29, 2019, Ulba Metallurgical Plant celebrated its great anniversary. Today, on its another 71st birthday, we will take a closer look at some of the events of the last year.
1. On December 10, 2019, final delivery of Uranium hexafluoride to the IAEA LEU Bank took place at UMP. The placement of the IAEA LEU Bank on the territory of our country ensures mutually beneficial cooperation between Kazakhstan and the IAEA. The establishment of the LEU Bank was an important step in the process of nuclear non-proliferation that makes Kazakhstan a prominent participant in the peace overture.
2. On April 22, 2020, signing of memoranda of cooperation between UMP JSC and goods producers of East Kazakhstan region took place. The signing procedure was organized as a part of the Partner program to support local producers. This area is one of the priorities in the State Program Business Roadmap 2020. The total amount of signed memoranda makes more than 19 billion tenge. UMP JSC, providing support to domestic producers, makes a significant contribution to development of this area.
3. On May 21, 2020, UMP JSC, East Kazakhstan Environmental Department and East Kazakhstan affilate of Kazhydromet signed a trilateral Memorandum on cooperation in the event of unfavorable meteorological conditions (UMC).
When receiving a forecast from Kazhydromet about UMC, UMP implements measures to reduce emissions during this period. Depending on degree of UMC, UMP undertakes to reduce productivity from 20 to 60% and stop the work of number of sources.
4. Since July 1, 2020, active phase of SAP ERP system implementation began at UMP JSC. The main goal of implementing the SAP system is to switch to a single reporting form that meets international standards.
5. In August 2020, Ulba athletes took part in the first online Sports Contest in the history of NAC Kazatomprom JSC. More than 500 employees from 23 companies competed in «virtual» competitions. In almost all the disciplines Ulba employees became the winners.
6. In September 2020, development using titanium beryllide, manufactured and tested at Ulba Metallurgical Plant, took second place at the 31st International Symposium on Fusion Technology SOFT 2020 in Croatia. The idea of development is to use titanium beryllide in thermonuclear reactors.
7. In September 2020, Dmitry Bobylev, Foreman of Workshop No. 10, Department No. 3, Tantalum Operations, became the winner of competition Zhyl Kyzmetkeri («Employee of the Year»), which is held every year by NAC Kazatomprom JSC. Our colleague was elected as the best «Metallurgist» in the nomination «Professional».
7+1. On October 9, 2020, Kairat Oruzbayev, Beryllium Operations Operator, became the winner of the Republican TV Project Professional. Golden Hands of the Country, which was held on Astana TV channel.